JACK B LOFTUS
Email: jackloftus @ gmail com
Portfolio: www.jackloftus.com/writing; /other-work; /social-media
• Serve as project owner for all Everest Gaming social media and SEO content, including promotions (acquisition/retention); community monitoring and engagement; and reputation management.
• Spearheaded Everest Gaming’s social networking presence by personally creating and driving integrated campaigns and copy across Facebook, Twitter, Flickr, YouTube, online forums and blog networks.
• Utilize professional SEO, online marketing and social media expertise to draft training materials and presentations for coworkers so they can independently engage their markets as experts in the field.
• Craft storyboards, blog posts, pitches and creative briefs for customer-facing PR and Creative projects as part of an expanded content strategist role (www.jackloftus.com/social-media and www.jackloftus.com/other-work)
• Published writer and editor with eight years of bylines and content experience at Gizmodo, GamePro/PCWorld, McSweeney’s, The Portsmouth Herald and TechTarget (www.jackloftus.com/writing).
January 2008 – September 2011 CIDC/Everest Gaming (www.everestpoker.fr) Cambridge, MA
Social/SEO Program Manager and Copywriter
• Devise and implement all social media/SEO content, promotions, creative briefs, digital media and copy for the purposes of brand building, online promotions, player acquisition and retention.
• Monitor and engage various social networking accounts on Flickr, YouTube, Twitter, and nine localized Facebook Fan Pages to the tune of more than 33,000 fans and 10% member growth month-over-month.
• Manage, copyedit and advise a dynamic team of freelance writers who submit weekly, scheduled articles and blog posts related to the online gaming industry.
• Track social/SEO metrics using Spredfast, Google Analytics/Webmaster Tools, and Facebook Insights.
April 2008 – Present Gawker Media (gizmodo.com) New York, NY
Contributing Editor, Gizmodo
• Independently seek out, research and report on cutting-edge gadget, design and mobile apps news for one of the most visited and competitive tech web sites in the world.
• Introduce new writers to Gizmodo’s editorial tone and train them to produce content based on complex topics in ways that are accessible to a wide range of consumers.
January – December 2008 GamePro (gamepro.com) San Francisco, CA
Associate Editor, East Coast
• Operated independently as the sole East Coast online editor for GamePro.com, filing content and industry analysis or opinion related to Nintendo, Microsoft and Sony.
• Communicated daily with a passionate, engaged readership via the GamePro commenting forums on topics related to story ideas, reader criticism and overall site coverage feedback.
April 2004 – December 2007 TechTarget Inc. (techtarget.com) Needham, MA
News Writer, Data Center Media Group
• Increased Enterprise Linux Log blog traffic from 300 views in February 2007 to 50,000/month by year-end using humor, content and reader engagement not typically associated with tech blogs at the time.
April 2003-April 2004 The Portsmouth Herald (seacoastonline.com) Portsmouth, NH
Beat Reporter, Greenland and Newington, NH
• Covered business and town government news for the surrounding Portsmouth communities
• Assisted the Political desk during the 2004 NH Primary with coverage of Democrat campaign stops in Portsmouth
FBML/HTML, MS Office, WordPress, Plone, Google AdWords Keyword Tool, PixelMator (image editing), MajesticSEO
1999-2003 University of New Hampshire Durham, NH
• Bachelor of Arts, English/Journalism Major